Enaam Ahmed claimed his 10th win of the season as he took a lights-to-flag victory in the third and final race of the weekend on the Grand Prix circuit at Brands Hatch. American Cameron Das drove a controlled race to take second with James Pull visiting the podium for the 12th time this year as he finished third.
Championship leader Enaam Ahmed lined up on pole position and he was joined on the front-row by Carlin team-mate Cameron Das. As the lights went out, Das made a strong start but Ahmed was able to hold him off as the field turned into Paddock Hill. Toby Sowery was slow away in fourth and he dropped to near the back of the field, with James Pull jumping both Sowery and third placed starter Callan O’Keeffe.
After lap two, Ahmed continued to lead from Das and Pull but further back, Douglas Motorsport’s Jordan Cane tried to pass Jamie Chadwick for 10th but as he did so, it enabled Sowery to put his nose down the inside through Dingle Dell and the Lanan Racing man took 11th. That soon became 10th as he pulled off a barely believable move around the outside of Double R Racing driver Chadwick at Paddock Hill.
Chadwick dropped a further two positions on the next lap, with Cane and Guilherme Samaia moving up to 11th and 12th, whilst Sowery produced a carbon copy of his move on Chadwick to sweep around the outside of Kenyan Jeremy Wahome at Paddock Hill to claim ninth.
The order remained unchanged up front but Fortec Motorsports’ Manuel Maldonado was a man on the move as he took 13th off Jamie Chadwick at Sheene whilst Sowery caught and passed Hillspeed with Cliff Dempsey Racing’s Chase Owen at Hawthorns. Sowery’s charged continued as he passed race two winner Krishnaraaj Mahadik at Druids for seventh, whilst Ismail got the better of Chadwick at Clark Curve for 14th.
The final two laps passed without incident and Ahmed came home to take his 10th win of the season and extend his championship lead to 106 points over James Pull. Das took second with the aforementioned Pull third.
The penultimate round of the 2017 BRDC British Formula 3 Championship takes place at Snetterton on 26/27 August.
BRDC British F3 – Brands Hatch GP – Race Three Result
1. Enaam Ahmed, Carlin, 14 Laps
2. Cameron Das, Carlin, +6.169s
3. James Pull Carlin, +7.193s
4. Callan O’Keeffe, Douglas Motorsport, +8.131s
5. Ben Hingeley, Fortec Motorsports, +14.401s
6. Nicolai Kjaergaard, Fortec Motorsports, +14.655s
7. Toby Sowery, Lanan Racing, +16.564s
8. Krishnaraaj Mahadik, Double R Racing, +22.470s
9. Chase Owen, Hillspeed with Cliff Dempsey Racing, +22.796s
10. Jeremy Wahome, Chris Dittmann Racing, +25.707s
11. Jordan Cane, Douglas Motorsport, +26.452s
12. Guilherme Samaia, Double R Racing, +26.874s
13. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +35.948s
14. Omar Ismail, Chris Dittmann Racing, +42.698s
15. Jamie Chadwick, Double R Racing, +46.121s
16. Nick Worm, Hillspeed with Cliff Dempsey Racing, +55.033s